USPS 2023 Promotional Calendar – Tactile, Sensory, Interactive Promotion
Tactile, Sensory, and Interactive Promotion
Registration Period: January 9th, 2023 – July 31st
Promotion Period: February 1st, 2023 – July 31st
Eligibility: USPS Marketing Mail and First Class Mail
How to qualify:
- Mailers must be uploaded via a PDF proof to the Mailing Promotions Portal.
- A hardcopy sample must be provided to the Promotions Office.
- The hard copy should be mailed to the Promotion Office one week before the first eligible mailing.
Conductive Inks: Conductive inks are used to activate an electronic device. These inks contain metal and are printed like any other ink. This ink results in a conduction of electricity.
Example: User presses a button that initializes a sound from the mail piece.
Thermochromics: This specialty ink changes color in response to different temperature variations.
Photochromic: This ink changes color to UV light exposure.
Metallic: This ink contains metallic particles. When this ink dries, the particles reflect light and create a metallic sheen.
Optically Variable Inks: This ink creates a different appearance depending on how the mail piece is viewed.
These types of textures have been approved by the Post Office.
- Leather Texture
- Glitter or Gloss (minimum of 2″ x 2″)
- Soft Touch
- Non-geometric and Trailing Edge Diecuts
- Gloss Varnish or Gloss Stock
Scents: Scents can now be on the envelope or the mail piece.
- Holographics: This can also be applied as a sticker
- Lenticular: This mail piece creates an illusion of a sense of motion or depth.
To qualify for the discount for interactive elements, the mailpiece must show effects using folds and other dimensional enhancements.
Examples that qualify:
- Pop-Up – Three Dimensional Elements
- Infinite folding
- Trailing Edge Die-Cut
- Clean release cards
- Perforated pull open strip
The interactive element can be placed on mail piece or on the envelope.